Thursday, August 1, 2024

Proven Results...

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.” 

~ 1 Timothy 1:15-17

I rarely purchase untested products. I often spend hours and days reading reviews and rest results on cars, electronics, and tech equipment. I’m not impressed with the slick design or brilliant colors used in making something. I need to know one thing, does it work? Someone once coined the phrase, “the proof is in the pudding”. Proven results are far more convincing than promising rhetoric.

Every occasion that any pastor proclaims the life changing truth of the gospel, they are on display. People aren’t concerned with their style of dress, hair color, or oratory finesse. The most important issue boils down to their walk with Jesus. Has the message been experienced and well proven in the pastor’s personal life? Proven results are far more convincing than promised rhetoric.

Paul made a simple claim … “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”. Then he made it clear that Jesus saved him, the worst of sinners. He was transparent and forthright with his readers. Just because you are a pastor and a trusted leader doesn’t mean that you should be seen as flawless. God has put you out on display to proclaim the gospel and give personal evidence that it really works. Don’t hesitate to stand shoulder to shoulder with Paul as the worst of sinners, having been gloriously saved by God’s amazing grace. Proven results are far more convincing than promised rhetoric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an Imitation!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than w...