Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Faithfully Persevering...

"God especially calls ministers to suffer for the good of others. When Christ took Paul captive to serve Him, He said, “He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: for I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake” (Acts 9:15–16). Paul and Timothy profess that if “we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation” (2 Cor. 1:6). A minister is never more effective for Christ than when he faithfully perseveres in the midst of great personal brokenness. For in this brokenness, as Sibbes said, you offer people a moving example, stir their minds to ask what keeps you faithful, provide public confirmation of the worthiness of Christ’s cause, and demonstrate the power of the Holy Spirit in you. In short, you encourage all who have the same Spirit." ~  Encouragement For Today's Pastors, by Joel R. Beeke & Terry Slachter

Through whatever valleys you may be passing, may you be a confirmation of the worthiness of Christ's cause and demonstrate the power of the Holy Spirit for the good of your family and flock. May our Lord richly bless you to that end as you persevere!

~ PJVS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an Imitation!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than w...