Monday, January 1, 2024

Questions for a New Year...

As we begin a new year in ministry, let's take a moment to reflect on the following words from "The Heart Of A Great Pastor" by H. B. London Jr. & Neal B. Wiseman... 

"Every pastor in the thick of the struggle must answer significant questions, the answers to which will shape his ministry and determine his effectiveness: 

• What difference will I make? 

• Why am I here? 

• Who sent me? 

•  Is this assignment sacred because God placed me here? 

•  What does God want to accomplish through me? 

Every assignment is holy ground because Jesus gave Himself for the people who live there. Every place is important because God wants something incredibly important to be accomplished there through us. Every situation is special because ministry is needed in that place. Like Queen Esther, we have come to the Kingdom for a time like this."

“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” 
― Jim Elliot, Martyred Missionary 
 

May you make a difference for Jesus in 2024

~ PJVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Firm...

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter." - 2 Thessalo...