Friday, December 22, 2023

In It's Time...

“It is not my strength that grows, so much as God's strength in me, which is given more abundantly as the days roll. It is so given on one condition. If my faith has laid hold of the infinite, the exhaustless, the immortal energy of God, unless there is something fearfully wrong about me, I shall be getting purer, nobler, wiser, more observant of His will; gentler, like Christ; every way fitter for His service, and for larger service, as the days increase.” ~ Alexander Maclaren

As I recently observed summer slip into fall, and fall slowly slip away toward winter, I couldn't help but be instructed. Ministry progresses at one speed... HIS. Just as I could never cause seasons to change faster, neither could I ever cause God's work to move faster than He planned. Since patience comes to us in the fruit of the Spirit, we have all that we need to "lay hold of the infinite, the exhaustless, the immortal energy of God" and wait for seasons to pass and harvest to come. I pray that you will stay the course my brother... and wait! Why? Because He still "makes everything beautiful in its time."

Keep looking up to the One who renews our strength,

~ PJVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Firm...

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter." - 2 Thessalo...