Monday, August 26, 2024

Don't be an Imitation!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning." ~ Psalm 130:5-6
"Oxygen is required for human life to exist. Fuel is needed for an automobile to run. And intimacy with Christ is the essential element and necessary fuel for useful ministry. If your faith doesn’t show through your ministry, you’re simply an echo of what God intends you to be. Your personal relationship with God greatly affects everything in ministry. As a spiritual leader, if you’re not Christlike, you can’t be productive.
 
Jesus was absolutely correct when He warned, “If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). Note the promise—bearing much fruit. Merely standing close to spiritual fires won’t make your ministry vibrant. Without constant contact with Jesus, you’ll soon become shallow, your vision superficial, your influence diluted and your satisfaction near zero. You’ll just be an imitation of the real thing."
~  The Shepherd's Covenant for Pastors by H. B. London & Neil B. Wiseman

"Often the work of the Lord itself may be a temptation to keep us from that communion with Him which is so essential to the benefit of our own souls."
 ~ George Muller

May you never allow ministry for Jesus rob you of intimacy with Jesus. May you never be an echo, but always the real thing!

Because apart from Him we can do nothing, 

~ PJVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an Imitation!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than w...